Monday, October 15, 2007

Spooky Graveyard

It's always been a part of my October Tradition to turn part of my front yard into a really spooky grave yard scene. Almost as important time of year as Christmas my flikering strobe lights, creepy music, and fog machinge will really give you the heebie - jeebies if you happen to be walking alone at night.
I even get a little rise of goose bumps as I try to light the tiki torches.

It all started about 10 years ago when I was trying to get ready for Halloween and wanted to entice more trick or treaters to the house. Living on somewhat of a busy street, there are not many little goblins traveling the sidewalk, so I started in on my graveyard building. One hanging skeleton, led to another and then eventually the tomb stones, cob-webs and scary trees.

One year, before my mother was robbed from her normal life from a stroke (bless her heart) helped me along with my brother build a coffin from scrap materials which houses one of our skeletons. I remember how much fun we had as she helped paint the door and add the filament to the interior. It was then that I realized I had aquired my creativity and silliness from my mom.

Each year it has been a fun project for me as I find new ways to add a little more fun and oohs and ahhs to the ghoastly yard. Just my way of keeping that kid in me alive.
You all have a Happy Halloween and let that spooky side out and about.

1 comment:

tee time said...

Hi Rosie,

Just wanted to congratulate you on an awesome win at the LTOC. I'm sure you had a wonderful time in such a beautiful place and bringing home the win, can't get any better than that. Great job and continued success. I know this is a week early but hope you have a wonderful birthday.